Rise of the Automatons is a free add-on for Endless Space released on Tuesday October 2nd, 2012 that adds a new playable Faction "The Automatons", new Trade Routes, alliance, Diplomacy and Hero management systems, as well as improved AI and modding tools to load custom Ship and Planet models.
Amplitude forums: Faction Creation Competition thread.
Here's the list of all the add-on's addition:
CHANGES AND ADDITIONSEdit
- Separated the visual affinity from the gameplay Affinity. [G2G vote]
- Added the "System Population Balancing" in the Galaxy's advanced options. Ranges from "Random" to "Perfect". For "Perfect", constellations with Home Planets now possess the same number of Systems (with a maximum difference of 1 System).
- Added a disclaimer when entering the Mods section for the first time.
- Changed the Faction colors to differentiate the shades of green.
- Added Polish language.
- Automatons Affinity:
1. At the end of the turn, if there is an Industry Overproduction, it's stacked instead of being reported.
3. The stacked is capped at 5 * System's .
- Added Automatons unique tech icons.
- Added the Stacked value on tooltip of each System in the Galaxy view.
- Added several tooltips for the Trade Routes panel.
- Improved the Tax Rate management for the AI.
- Improved the formula that computes the response given by an AI to an Alliance request.
HEROES & ACADEMYEdit
- Added arrows to switch from a Hero to another in the Inspection view.
- When recruiting a Hero, he is now automatically selected in the active tab.
- Added an "Accept" button when assigning new abilities to a Hero and the possibility to click on a selected ability to remove it before validating the final choice.
- Added a tooltip to Heroes' attributes to show what effect they have.
ALLIANCE AND DIPLOMACYEdit
- Updated the Alliance management system.
- When offering a Treaty with someone outside of an Alliance, a request is sent to allies. They can now either:
1. Accept the Treaty
2. Decide to leave the Alliance.
- Added a tendency panel for Diplomatic negotiations. Shows how an ally AI will likely respond to a Treaty you offer to someone outside the Alliance. Human players will always respond "Undecided".
- Changed the upkeep formula (cost 1 per CP --> cost 0.4*CP max per CP).
- Reduced the deflectors' evolution in stats, they were too efficient in late game: (3,5,8,11,14,20,25,30,36,45 => 2,4,7,10,13,17,22,27,33,39)
- Reduced the Hissho's Bushido (20% on FIDS => 15% on FID).
- Increased the length of the Bushido but without the reset after an invasion (15 turns WITH reset => 45 turns WITHOUT reset after an invasion).
- Changed the Revenge Trait's condition of activation (activated whenever a lost system was re-invaded by the player => will only activate during invasion if the lost System was previously owned at 100%).
- Changed the length of the different Cooperation Agreement steps (0/15/30 => 0/10/15).
- Fixed an issue where trying to display the “end of auto explore” alert message after destroying the corresponding fleet provoked a NullReferenceException.
- Fixed an issue where global random events were not synchronized for all players.
- Fixed an issue where the AI was using obsolete ship template designs.
- Fixed an issue where the number of turns, before a Peace Treaty was made available, was not saved. The Peace Treaty was then automatically available after loading a game.
- Fixed an issue where the interception module still intercepted attacks even when the Defense Module had 0 in interception.
- Fixed an issue where the game would hang when loading a game without available Ship designs.
- Fixed an issue where the scroll bar would overlap with the resources in the diplomatic negotiations screen.
- Fixed an issue where loading a saved game could remove contracts for many Empires.
- Fixed an issue where creating an Alliance did not spread the cease fire status across the allied Factions.
- Fixed an issue where the beginning of a cease fire wasn't synchronized for all allies.
- Fixed an issue where infinite Improvements in the queue could prevent using Overproduction Stacking.
- Fixed an issue where Diplomatic Status resolution wasn't correctly done in an Alliance vs Alliance situation.
- Fixed several GUI issues.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several text issues.