Futuristic Game Theory is a technology on the Diplomacy and Trading technology tree with a research cost of 7500 . It unlocks one Empire Improvement and one Star System Improvement, requires research in Alien Barter Theory, and allows further research in Neural Net Society.
"Game theory is a complex subject dealing with independent agents, choice, probability, and forecasting. Improved understanding of potential and probable outcomes means that many options and decisions can be considered, even if they were previously considered uncertain or even hazardous."
- The Harmony do not receive the Alien Resources Empire Improvement. Also, this technology requires research in Quantum Communications.
- The Horatio receive this technology earlier in their tree, for a cost of only 680 . It has a prerequisite of Improved Fleet Management and leads to no further research.
- The Sophons refer to this technology as Imaginary Game Theory, and it has the following description: "Game theory is already a sufficiently complex subject that deals with independent agents, choice, probability, and forecasting. Certain Sophon geniuses, dabbling in imaginary numbers, multiple dimensions, and time-reversed particles have created an alternative branch of this science. So far the results show stunning success and catastrophic failure in equal measure, but that's the fun of experimentation." Also, the technology instead allows further research in Directed AI Computing.
"While Personnel departments have long specialized in handling the complexities and vagaries of individuals from one species, the addition of other species to the work/life mix requires new and advanced processes and policies."
Entangled Sensor ArrayEdit
- +20% Influence Area on Star System
- -2 on improvement
"Untangling the mysteries of quantum entanglement leads to the unexpected capacity to sense the presence of incoming ships and fleets through lepton filtering."
- +20% on Star System
- +25% Influence Area on Star System
- -2 on improvement
"The application of imaginary math to real problems has provided an unexpected side benefit -- improved sensor efficiency. The inventor refuses to divulge details, murmuring only about negative, time-reversed tachyons."
The 990 cost for this improvement reflects the Sophons' Unskilled Builders Trait. If you're playing a custom faction with the Sophon Affinity but without the Unskilled Builders Trait, you would have the base cost of 900 .