Overview[edit | edit source]
FIDS stands for the 4 basic Resources in Endless Space:
Each of these four resources is produced by units on planets, and each plays a vital role in the development of an empire. For example, technologies enable access to colonization and expansion technologies that enable long-term expansion, while industry allows the production of improvements that increase FIDS production.
Production[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Planet
Most FIDS are produced on planets. The amount produced by a planet is at a rate proportional to the Population on them. Some System Improvements also produce flat independent of planets and population. Trade and Heroes also do this.
- Planet Types.
- Improvements on the System.
- The System's Approval.
- Empire-wide bonuses.
See Modifiers for a description of how FIDS are calculated.
Consumption[edit | edit source]
- is consumed by a System's . Excess causes the to increase.
- is used to produce Improvements and Ships.
- is used to pay Upkeep on Ships, Heroes, and Improvements; and it can be used to buyout ships and improvements by completing them immediately.
- is used to research Technology.
Conversion[edit | edit source]
Short-term[edit | edit source]
- Excess can be converted to with the Adaptive Industrial Systems Improvement.
- can be converted directly into 1/4 as much or using the - and - conversions, respectively.
- can be used to buyout constructions immediately--effectively an instant boost to .
- Changing the Tax Rate trades off with the other 3 basic Resources via .
Long-term[edit | edit source]
- More means more , which means more .
- can be used to build Improvements that increase production.
- can research Technologies to increase production directly or indirectly.
|Basic Resources (FIDS)||Food - Industry - Dust - Science|
|Strategic Resources||Hyperium - Titanium-70 - Anti-Matter - Hexaferrum - Orichalcix - Siderite - Adamantian - Quadrinix|
Vegetables: Redsang - Bluecap Mold - Dustwater - Hydromiel